Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 2009

Hi again! I apologize that it's been so long since I've posted anything, We've had an action packed month of June with both ups and downs. I'll start first with the sad news. I have a friend named Jessica, she is a single mom of three children. She had her fourth baby, a boy named Ethin, in January of this year. Ethin was born with a congenital heart defect. Basically, only half of his heart was functioning. He has already survived two open heart surgeries, but was well on his way to recovery and doing great. He has been living at a children's hospital in Ann Arbor, about a 3 hour drive away from home and her other three children. Ethin was schedule to come home shortly after July 4th. On Saturday, Jessica was home for a benefit to raise money for Ethin. We were at the benefit with her when she received a phone call from the hospital that Ethin had suddenly passed away. I cannot put myself in Jessica's shoes, but just watching her crumble to the floor after learning she had lost her son was one of the hardest things I've ever witnessed. She's been weighing very heavily on my heart over the last two days. It's so hard to understand God's will in times like these, and as a mother I can't even let myself go there too much.....Please pray for Jessica and her family this week as they make funeral arrangements for Ethin on Thursday.

On a more positive note, the month of June has been great. Emma is growing exponentially it seems. She is 3 1/2 months old now and weighs 14pounds 11ounces. She's so expressive in her communications with us, and ADORES her big brother Luke!

Lucas got his first black eye earlier this month by hitting the window sill. Then, just last week he struggled with another bout of tonsilitis. Thankfully, he recovered quickly from that and is back to his normal self again. We've spent our days playing baseball in the backyard (his batting skills are impressive for a two year old!), walking to the park, and playing with friends. Luke also got a new bike that attaches to the back of Jacob's, which he LOVES to ride. We can go on bike rides as a family now, I town Emma in the trailer behind my bike.

Here are some pictures of the past few weeks....enjoy! :)
Battle scars... :(
This was taken after Luke helped Jacob with yardwork.

The new big boy bike! (notice how he can't even reach the pedals yet. He's just content to just ride back there!)



I know you can't see Luke very well, but this was taken while Luke was talking to Emma. I just love the look on her face, she loves her big brother! She was just squealing!



My typical sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment